25/10/2011

FEAR MAKES THE WOLF LOOK BIGGER




photo:Vaughan Denny & Quiksilver press
How many times havent I stand there at the beach with my board under the arm, looking at the perfect swell just rolling in and thinking can I go out there or rather this is way to scary?
Richard Smith has written a very interesting and resonable article just about that, fear.

"At some point we’ve all been intimidated by the surf conditions:
“I don’t think I can I make this drop”
“I can’t handle a swell this big”

“These waves are breaking way too fast for me”

So next time before I go back with the board under my arm still dry in my hair because I didnt jump in. I going to think about what he wrote and go back put the leach on and paddle out.


Hur många gånger har jag inte stått där på stranden med brädan under armen, sett dom perfekta vågorna bara rulla in och tänkt kanjag verkligen gå ut där eller snarare detta är alldeles för läskigt.
Richard Smith har skrivit en riktigt interessant artikel om just det, rädsla.

"At some point we’ve all been intimidated by the surf conditions:

“I don’t think I can I make this drop”
“I can’t handle a swell this big”

“These waves are breaking way too fast for me”

Så nästa gång jag går tillbaka upp med brädan under armen fortfarande torr i håret för jag hoppade inte i. Då skall jag tänka på vad han skrev och gå tillbaka och paddla ut.


//

No comments :

Post a Comment